Preparing for customer pickups and returns
Successful Wish Local stores prepare for pickups and returns to make the most of every Wish customer visit. Creating excellent customer experiences can encourage them to look around and purchase from your inventory.
Here are some tips to help you get ready for customers
- Organize Ship to Store packages
- Prepare your staff and store for Wish customers
- Maximize your time with Wish customers
Organize Ship to Store packages
For the most streamlined experience, check in and organize all incoming Ship to Store packages shortly after they arrive.
Keeping packages organized will also help you locate them faster, improving the pickup process and encouraging customers to return.
1. After checking in a Ship to Store shipment with these steps, you can dispose of the outer shipment packaging.
Please do not open the customer packages that arrive inside the shipment.
2. Organize the customer packages alphabetically or numerically by the 6-digit codes on their labels.
We recommend using shelving, storage containers, or a combination of both to separate and organize the packages.
Prepare your staff and store for Wish customers
When Wish customers arrive, be ready to provide prompt and friendly service while showcasing your products.
- Make sure store associates are trained on pickup and return procedures. Be sure to share your goals for Wish customers with your staff.
- Stock interesting products (affordable, fun, or unique) near your checkout counter that might catch the interest of Wish shoppers.
- Create a loyalty rewards program for Wish shoppers — example: three store visits grants them a reward or a discount.
Maximize your time with Wish customers
Efficient pickup and return experiences are the best way to keep Wish customers coming to your store.
Once you’ve established your pickup and return procedures, you can focus on encouraging Wish customers to make in-store purchases. Keep in mind that every Wish customer visiting your store is a potential new customer for your business.
- As a best practice, start with a conversation! Interact with Wish customers as you would with one of your own loyal customers.
- Encourage Wish customers to browse your products while they’re waiting for their package to be located. Highlighting your store’s offerings encourages them to linger, look around, and make a purchase from your inventory.
- Offer special promotions, coupons, flyers, or deals to entice customers to make a purchase in the moment.
- Ask customers to sign up for an email distribution list to keep your business top of mind.
Take every customer pickup as an opportunity to convert new customers and grow your business with Wish Local. For step-by-step instructions on the pickup process, check out “Completing customer pickups.”