What do I do if I am not receiving Wish Local in-app notifications?
Push Notifications for iOS
Sometimes there might be a disconnect between when a notification is sent and when you receive it. This error can happen for a few reasons, including a delayed connection between Wish Local and your device.
If you are experiencing notification delays, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Restart your phone
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Wish Local
- Check your internet connection
- If you are using 3G, try turning *Airplane Mode* on and off
- Upgrade to the latest iOS
Push Notifications for Android
To ensure Wish Local notifications reach your phone, you need to configure your phone correctly.
You can check your internet connection by opening a browser and going to a website.
If browsing works but the Wish Local app doesn't, please reach out to your mobile provider or system administrator. You will need to ensure that your APN and router are configured correctly to allow non-web and socket connections. You may also need to try a different connection. If you are connected to Wi-Fi, try mobile data or vice versa.
Please also make sure that background data is not restricted with the following steps:
Step 1: Open your phone's Settings app > Apps > Wish Local > Data usage
Step 2: Make sure background data is not restricted
Step 3: Repeat the above steps for Google Services
- Restart your phone, or turn it off and on
- Reset app preferences by going to your phone's Settings app > Apps > Menu icon > Reset app preferences
- Prevent power-saving mode from activating, for example, by leaving your phone plugged into a power source
- Keep your Wi-Fi on during sleep mode by going to your phone's Settings app > Wi-Fi > Settings icon > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Always
- Uninstall any task killers. These will hinder the app from receiving messages when you are not using it.
If none of the above steps help, you may not be receiving updates from Google's push notification service.