What do I do if I am not receiving Wish Local in-app notifications?
Push Notifications for iOS
Sometimes there might be a disconnect between when a notification is sent and when you receive it. This can happen for a few reasons including a delayed connection between Wish Local and iPhone.
If you’re experiencing notification delays, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Restart your phone.
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of Wish Local.
- Check your internet connection.
- If you’re using 3G, try turning *Airplane Mode* on, then off.
- Upgrade to the latest iOS.
Push Notifications for Android
To ensure the delivery of Wish Local notifications, your phone must be configured properly.
You can check your internet connection by opening a browser and going to a website.
If browsing works, but Wish Local doesn't, please reach out to your mobile provider and/or system administrator and make sure that your APN and router are configured correctly to allow non-web and socket connections. You may also try a different connection. If you are connected to Wi-Fi, try mobile data or vice versa.
Please make sure that background date is not being restricted with the following steps:
- Open your phone's Settings app > Apps > Wish Local > Data usage.
- Make sure background data is not restricted.
- Repeat the above steps for Google Services.
- Restart your phone, or turn it off and on.
- Reset app preferences by going to your phone's Settings app > Apps > Menu icon > Reset app preferences.
- Prevent power saving mode from activating, for example by leaving your phone plugged into a power source.
- Keep your Wi-Fi on during sleep mode by going to your phone's Settings app > Wi-Fi > Settings icon > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Always.
- Uninstall any task killers. These will hinder the app from receiving messages when you are not using it.
- Launch the Hangouts app and sign out of all of your accounts. Then re-launch Hangouts and sign back on.
If none of the above steps help, it is possible that you are not receiving updates from Google's push notification service.