What should I do if the Wish Local program phone is not working?
The earliest version of Wish Local required that early members utilize a program phone rather than their own phone. Fortunately, the Wish Local app is now available to download onto any mobile device. All store participants should now use their own smartphone for Wish Local. You can participate in Wish Local by simply downloading the Wish Local app onto any Apple or Android device from the Google Play Store or App Store.
If you originally received a Wish Local phone and it is not working correctly, you can download the Wish Local app on your own device or take the following steps to try to fix the issue:
- Be sure that you have correctly inserted the phone battery. The Wish Local phones do not come with the battery installed in the phone, and the battery comes in a separate package. The battery needs to be inserted correctly for the phone to turn on.
- Visit the Google Play Store and download the newest version of the Wish Local app. We are constantly updating the app to improve the Wish Local experience. You need the most up-to-date version of the app.
- Double-check that your Wish Local phone has a strong WiFi connection. The phone does not include a SIM card and requires a strong and consistent WiFi connection for the Wish Local app to run correctly.
- Restart the phone to reboot the phone’s operating system. If the phone requires a passcode to restart, you must perform a hard reset to return the phone to factory conditions and access the device. Go to the following link for instructions on how to perform a hard reset on the phone: https://www.hardreset99.com/blu-hard-reset/blu-studio-x8-hd-hard-reset-factory-reset-and-password-recovery/
- Delete and re-install the Wish Local app. Go to the following link on your Wish Local device to re-install the Wish Local app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wish.wishblue&hl=en_US.
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not send replacement Wish Local program phones at this time.